Children’s Ministry Mission Statement
Partner with Jesus and families to make disciples by:
• CONNECT – meeting all children where they are.
• GROW – helping children reach their full potential in Christ through knowing God and His word so they can respond in faith to personal relationship with Jesus.
• SERVE – providing opportunities to discover and develop their gifts so they will desire to care for needs of others and share their love of Jesus with everyone.
Children’s Ministry Vision Statement
• Children are a gift from God (Ps. 127:3)
• Scripture assigns to parents the privilege and responsibility of discipling their children
(Deut. 6:4-9, Eph. 6:4)
• It is the church’s responsibility to equip parents to build a solid spiritual foundation in their children’s lives (Eph. 4:11&12)
To accomplish these God-given task,
we are committed to a Children’s Ministry in which: Children of all abilities –
• Feel welcomed, supported and equipped to face daily challenges.
• Feel safe and experience the love of God modeled through caring volunteers.
• Learn about Jesus, develop a personal relationship with Him.
• Learn to worship God through music, prayer, Bible study, and service.
• Discover and develop their gifts and talents thereby growing a heart of service for others.
Families are –
• Welcomed, supported and equipped to bring up their children “in the discipline and instruction of the Lord to actively participate in their children’s spiritual growth, and to strengthen family bonds.
• Offer a welcoming, safe and nurturing environment that models the love of God.
• Equipped and encourage to use their God-given gifts, resources and training to confidently
and effectively minister to children.
We are excited about partnering with Jesus and Families to faithfully serve Him and His mission to make disciples as we CONNECT, GROW, and SERVE.
Copyright © 2023 Parkway Baptist Church - All Rights Reserved.